Are you an avid technologist with a passion for programming and delving into the world of big data?Then we want you...
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to help us gather, store and discover the information generated from multiple sources within and outside the organization. Your primary focus will be developing the tools necessary to ingest and store this data for analysis.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Confirms programmme operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Develop programmes/scripts for the ingestion of data in multiple formats for data warehousing and subsequent reporting and analysis.
- Working knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, Perl or R.
- Functional understanding of relational databases such as MySQL and MSSQL.
JOB SPECIFICATION / COMPETENCIES
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- An Associate Degree in Computer Science, or in a related discipline with relevant certifications and/or experience.
- At least three (3) years in a related position.
- Experience working with relational databases; MySQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server.
- While not required, a fundamental understanding of Columnar Databases would be a great asset.
- Experience with Python and Perl.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate tact, confidentiality and professionalism in the execution of duties
- Have flexibility and the ability to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
While we appreciate all applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.