IT Helpdesk Technician
Responsible for general help desk duties, including setting up new users, user’s day-to-day application and computer issues. The incumbent will manage general daily user requests for assistance and support the department in maintaining and improving user experience and performance.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Maintain records with current technical specs, software installations, operating systems, warranties and serial numbers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for persons seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provision user accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum 5 CSEC subjects including English, Information Technology and Mathematics and at least one year experience.
- Relevant industry certifications and experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Required to work various hours / days (including weekends and public holidays) as required to handle job activities and responsibilities
- Customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
All applicants should be 18 years or older and must have a valid Government issued photo ID, TRN & NIS. Successful candidates must be able to furnish a police record and pass an employment background check.
Applicants should submit detailed resume to:
Contax 360 BPO Solutions, 1 Mangrove Way, Montego Bay Freezone, Montego Bay, St. James.